sunnuntai 1. marraskuuta 2009

Armin @ monstermassive2009

arminvanbuuren
OMG! Even though they only allowed me to play 2 hours it was #monsterMASSIVE!!! 35.000 people!! Gotta love L.A.!
from Echofon

On my way to the L.A. Sportsarena for#monstermassive! 3 hour set, one hour extra due to daylight saving time!


Aaaah if he played an extra hour it would have totally made my night!!! European-style: 3hr+ long sets. Aaah oh well, guess I'll just have to wait til I go to Europe to go to those super long parties where headliner DJs spin for 4 hours straight.

Nonetheless, Monster Massive was pretty good. My first MM. Before they've always had the main stage inside the Sports Arena, but then because this year they got AvB to headline (only meine lieblingsDJ and the #1 DJ in the world!!), it would be way too packed and overheated in there, so they moved it to this parking lot outside, and as you can see from Armin's twitpic, HELLA packed. Cool set-up though, in the parking lot. 8 of these cube/boxes with projection screens, lights, fire, and speakers. Way to rock it.

Going to try to not write such a lengthy review of MM—I need to try to get some reading done before heading out to see Deadmau5 in downtown in a couple hours (! Fall quarter is so busy! events-wise). So, it was quite good. The LINE into the place was ridiculous. RIDICULOUS. I'll post pics later. The electro stage inside the sports arena might have been ok, checked out Pete Tong for a bit, didn't like his music.

John O'Callaghan: He played a lot of harder trance/really bassy songs, with a few of his own tracks sandwiched in. Think I liked his set at the Lovefest Afterparty 4 weeks ago better.

Armin: =) the more well-known tracks that I can remember that he played: Home (by PvD), Symfo (Rank1), Falling in and out of love (AvB), a couple of other vocal trance tracks that I think I sang along to, and he ended with John O'Callaghan's "Find Yourself", which John O'Callaghan himself already played in his set earlier, though I think Armin played a different remix. =\ I don't like it when the same tracks get played more than once in a night. That shouldn't happen. Well, Armin definitely planned to play Find Yourself as part of his set, but..he knew JOC was playing at MM, too, and it's his own track.. :| I dunno. At the Lovefest Afterpary 2008, ATB played a remix of Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit", then later Armin played a different remix. o__O;; Shouldn't he have backup songs planned in his set in case another DJ's already played it? Hmm..

Alright that's enough blogging for today. More photo-entries to come. :)

1 kommentti:

Hanh kirjoitti...

That sounds amaazing. Someday I will go, especially if AvB is there!!!