maanantai 2. marraskuuta 2009

Deadmau5 @HouseofBlues

Deadmau5 at House of Blues in Downtown San Diego last night (Sunday) was so good! Wayy better than at etd.pop in May and also better than at the sfLovefest Afterparty 4 weeks ago (actually I don't think I was even there for his whole set at lovefest; think I went to the other room).

The House of Blues is such a nice venue! I would so go there again! (And they were selling tickets for the Bravery [tmr/Monday night, but I have a midterm on Tues.] and Julian Plenti only $10! But the Julian Plenti show is 21+. =[ )
The lighting system there is amazing, for this mid-size venue. Computerized, I can tell; it's so tight, like 10(??) rows of multi-colored lights. ++++deadmau5's own visuals! Great show. Just the light show in itself was great. Haha. Serious, you don't even have to be on anything to get absorbed in the light show.

They wouldn't allow in cameras and made me check mine in (fee: $3). lameeee. But I guess the security man at the door was laxer than the security woman–inside I saw guys taking pics and video on their cameras. xT Link to a pretty good video below.

I was standing in the center right, on the bar floor– 3 steps higher than general floor –so I got a decent view. Got to see the mau5 push buttons and twist knobs the whole time. Everyone cheered whenever he took his mau5head off and when he put it on. Ahah. Some kids also gave/flung kandi to/at the mau5. And he wore it and showed us. What a chill dude.

youtube HD videos: Deadmau5 - Strobe (lovely intro!)
You Need a Ladder (Zelda theme)/Bass Phenomenon. @House of Blues, San Diego, nov.1.

Heard that Deadmau5 made a special guest appearance at Hard Haunted Mansion Saturday night in LA. (His name was only on the Friday line-up.) Tight.

★★★★★

Ei kommentteja: