tiistai 15. syyskuuta 2009

Arctic Monkeys ::: Whatever People Say...

Artist: Arctic Monkeys (from the UK)
Album: Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not
Label: Domino
Release Date: 21.Feb.2006
Genre: Alternative/Indie Rock
Rating: Pretty good.


1. "The View from the Afternoon" - 3:38
2. "I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor" - 2:53
3. "Fake Tales of San Francisco" - 2:57
4. "Dancing Shoes" - 2:21
5. "You Probably Couldn't See for the Lights but You Were Staring Straight at Me" - 2:10
6. "Still Take You Home" - 2:53
7. "Riot Van" - 2:14
8. "Red Light Indicates Doors Are Secured" - 2:23
9. "Mardy Bum" - 2:55
10. "Perhaps Vampires Is a Bit Strong But..." - 4:28
11. "When the Sun Goes Down" - 3:20
12. "From the Ritz to the Rubble" - 3:13
13. "A Certain Romance" - 5:31

Ahh I hate when I'm late to music. I DID hear a couple Arctic Monkeys songs on live105's soundcheck new music radio show when there was all this hype about them/when the songs first premiered in 2006 or maybe even 2005(?), and yes, I liked those songs, but never bothered to look them up. A few months ago I listened to their sophomore album, "Favourite Worst Nightmare", and was unimpressed, so yeah. Only now, the day before I go to their show at the beautifully renovated Fox Theatre in Oakland, that I listen to their debut album. Yeah, I totally win at this. Well apparently, this album is about the life of 19- and 20-year-olds, which is how old the band members were when they produced this. Actually I also listened to their latest album "Humbug" which features "Crying Lightning", and was about equally unimpressed with it as with "Worst Nightmare", so I think I'm just not a big fan of the Arctic Monkeys. I like this album, though. And hopefully I'll like them more after their show. =7

1 kommentti:

Erska kirjoitti...

Cool :D Chech oot my blog :D now you have one reader more ;D You've got good musical taste.