maanantai 12. tammikuuta 2009

SIRENIA:: The 13th Floor

Sirenia myspace
Album: The 13th Floor
Genre: Metal (Symphonic, Gothic)
Label: Nuclear Blast
Release Date: 27.Jan.2009
Rating: Great! buy (order)

download (for previewing purposes only): rapidshare

Okay, I really don't know how this person got this album in December, but I was just googling the "Nine Destinies and a Downfall" album and found a blog with a dl to this album. Okay, my review:

Yay! Another new favourite album! =D
I like Ailyn's voice is much more than any of the other singers, though I haven't heard all Sirenia's previous albums yet. Her voice is stronger and isn't as monotone, I guess as Monika Pederson's in the 2007 album "Nine Destinies and a Downfall", though she still has a tiny bit of a Spanish accent. The Path to Decay is a pretty solid new single. Lost In Life can easily fit into mainstream rock, until the choir hits and you're reminded that this is metal. I don't really like this track because it's rather upbeat for lyrics "We are lost in this life. We've been living a lie." Then the rest of the songs are quite good, except I don't think the lyrics are that good, with some simple rhymes: "The lights seem to fade...to pass away..I can see them getting weaker everyday" in The Lucid Door. Seems kinda pop-ish. Nevertheless, a new album to put on repeat. Because it's too short! And I'm liking it more and more with more listens. I kind of want a Sirenia band t-shirt. xD

1. The Path To Decay ★★★★
2. Lost In Life
3. The Mind Maelstrom ★★★★★
4. The Seventh Summer
5. Beyond Life's Scenery
6. The Lucid Door
7. Led Astray
8. Winterborn 77
9. Sirens Of The Seven Seas

my earlier post with a couple other Sirenia albums

DLlinkcredit: metalfemaledl

SIRENIA is back, yet another singer, and yet another collection of melodic and dramatic melancholy to soothe the autumn storms. Check it out!
SCREAM MAGAZINE (NO) / Håkon Grav
______________

Ahh I think I've been listening to metal too much recently. I fall asleep listening to metal. hahaha. I need to get back into trance. Definitely need to do that. Burn more cds and go practice mixing. I barely practiced over winter break. and if I have to spin onstage at Let's Bounce next year.. aahah.. need to get behind those CDJs.

Ei kommentteja: