sunnuntai 10. tammikuuta 2010

DVC ftw!!!

We hella killed it at Let's Bounce!

Not even (or about) two hours in, fire alarm wtf?! Most likely some wacked-out dude pulled it. Everyone had to evac. Some people were confused, but then already wristbanded people were allowed to go to the outside stage, which became PACKED. Price Center Plaza looked amazing. Too bad the thought didn't strike my mind to go above the PC Theater (2nd floor) to take a hella good picture instead of a very mediocre pic from the water walkway which insuffiently captures the energy at that moment.
Then after the fire alarm finally got cleared and people were being allowed in again, the inside rooms got pretty filled up, also because a bunch of people outside ran off to the inside rooms, too. Overall, Bounce 2010 was a success. The crowd seemed pretty calm about the fire alarm and stayed in line. Didn't hear of anyone puking or undercovers. Or at least not yet. (Staff meeting tomorrow!) EVERYONE tore up great sets! (Even though I didn't catch everyone's set, I'm pretty sure of this.)

Strange crowd movement, though, between the inside rooms. First the smaller one (stage two//PURE) got packed while the larger one (stage three//ORIGINAL) was mostly empty. Then I think during Donnie's and Emily's sets it was packed in both. Sometime around 11 or 12 the smaller room thinned out. So when I went up on stage there weren't many people.. not what I expected.. but still fun, played my banging trance set. My friend Sanh (DJ Sanhic) helped me out. Very grateful! (and I do prefer to tag team for a first performance.) Because, turned out it was a day when I couldn't fucking beatmatch. (Yes this is a problem for DJing —you can't fucking be a dj if you can't even beatmatch!— sometimes I'll be able to mix/beatmatch a whole hour or two pretty well except for a couple songs, other times it's the opposite: only a couple songs perfectly beatmatched.) Maybe it's the loud monitors/speakers. Ehh. Just gotta practice more. He mixed in a couple tracks right after the first breakdown, so I ended up having time for one more song and dropped Marco V's "When the Night Falls". Was fun.

I just updated the "media" section of the DVC website, so check that out. Pro (DSLR) photos in a few days. So far two sets of amateur photos are up, including mine (pics are out of chronological order, though. :/ ).

Ei kommentteja: