perjantai 26. helmikuuta 2010

My Girls and My Boys

Animal Collective - My Girls, from the album "Merriweather Post Pavilion" (jan2009)


I don't think it's that great of a song. Drones on and gets boring after a bit. I've listened to the MPP album, too, and that just seems to be Animal Collective's sound. Kind of psychedlic, a little shoegazy, sort of dancable, but mostly just drones on and on (especially the vocals). Even if I were in an altered state of mind, I think I would still have a pretty low tolerance for their songs. Being so, I'm in that small group of hipsters who don't get what all the hype about Animal Collective was about.

Nevertheless, check out this acoustic cover by this Swedish band called Taken By Trees. It's slightly more tolerable to me because it's 2 minutes shorter than the original.

Ei kommentteja: