keskiviikko 11. maaliskuuta 2009

Separation in Tokyo

Tokyo is perhaps the most haphazardly arranged of the world's capitals, a place where flophouses nestle beside fashion boutiques, temples butt up against massage parlors and wildly disparate tribes live side by side yet often intersect only by chance.

These unlikely juxtapositions have turned the city into an ideal breeding ground for pop culture, but they also contribute to a social infrastructure that can seem exceedingly vulnerable. Friends who live there admit to a looming sense that Tokyo's cultural ecosystem is just one strong tremor away from collapse. They also fear that the global economic meltdown may be what ultimately turns its whimsical dysfunction into full-blown disaster. (continue reading)
"Living on Tokyo Time", article by Jeff Yang, SFchron, Asian Pop
about the social disconnect in urban Japan.
Plus the good films (mentioned at the end of his column) I will be missing out on at the upcoming SFIAAFF.

I just finished and turned in a final project yesterday. Now I'm just catching up reading some news. More music to come, definitely. I have 6 posts in drafts. Some homework to finish up and finals next week that I should have started studying for by now, though.

Oh, and I had a bad dream this morning that I found out I had a final on Friday. zomg that would suck. And then another dream, I got a pair of COH jeans, they fit pretty good, but there was a back pocket design that even said "Citizens of Humanity" in cursive. On the back pockets. Ew.
I went to bed at 23uhr last night. 11pm. Like zomg f'real? That CAT final project totally screwed up my sleeping habits. At least for a night.

Ei kommentteja: