perjantai 16. huhtikuuta 2010

coachella 2010 day one!

epic weekend BEGINS.

DMAU5!!! I would see that guy a multiple times! J.Zimmerman is such a cool dude. My friend wants to see Pretty Lights. I caught As Tall As Lions at the Loft Monday night. Good show though I hadn't listened to any of their music until I checked out their myspace 30 mins before heading over to campus. I've listened through Yeasayer's album once, couldn't decide if I like it and so left it in the limbo that is my desktop along with all the other music files I haven't put into proper folders yet due to undefined status. La Roux. Wolfgang Gartner. She & Him I don't care for. Fuck all the bloggers and hype. I just don't like Zooey Deschenel's character in 500 Days of Summer and she seems to keep that sort of air in her music/music videos. Fuck all the hype about Passion Pit too. I listened to one of their albums and was annoyed. Fuck that. I like one remix of that song that's a single, the one with the high-pitched kids. The remix of it. Fuck cutesy high-pitched voices. Aeroplane I would like to check out, solely because of the Aeroplane remix of Au Revoir Simone's "Another Likely Story". Yeah, I don't keep up with the music blog world much – whatever, that's the only Aeroplane song/remix I have. My over 21 friends went to Voyeur in downtown SD Wednesday night to see Proxy. So Proxy must be good. Will go check out. I know I have a couple proxy songs in my electro playlist/remixes somewhere in my now almost full/not-even-enough-room-for-another-320kbps-trance-song iPod. Hockey I heard is good. Heard their song on Live105's soundcheck but don't remember how it goes or if I really liked it. Probably was decent to decently-good. Imogen Heap maybe. Could be a surprise made-my-night kinda show. Don't wanna see Benassi. Erol Alkan another electro DJ I haven't looked into but know that all my electro friends know so I might check him out. Ra Ra Riot I've seen twice. The Cribs maybe. Grizzly Bear wtf. I listened to all their albums but none of it has hooked me, save for Two Weeks, but only because it's a single and I've heard it on the radio before. Echo & the Bunnyman wtf old. h(who)tf is Fever Ray? and the whitest boy alive? Jay-Z I would check out because he's a straight-up g rapper, but the same time as DMAU5? no way. JZ>Jay-Z. in my pov, of course. Yeah, htf are all these other acts? Fuck me for being too indie to the point that I don't keep up with the indie music news I'm not gonna look up these people now. It's 4am Thursday but I'm going to post this for Friday because I like to do the one-post-a-day thing, I still have one more chapter to read for so I can sort of study for SIO1:the Planets midterm on Monday right after Coachella. 20 pages to read about Comets. Should be more interesting than the previous chapter about asteroids wtf rocks. Then I can finally get to the homework that's due on Friday but I'm going to turn in on Thursday since I won't be in class on Fri. Then after that I'll need to look through the old exams, and then look through the General Plan for an Alameda County city so I can start my analysis of it due on Tuesday next week for my USP170:sustainable planning class. Ahhomg. 4am rant/blogposting done.

Ei kommentteja: