maanantai 10. tammikuuta 2011

something awesome, but not quite a review.

event scheduled to begin at 21:00. capacity hit by 21:35.
(fire code "capacity" as ucsd likes to limit us by, but still.)

tom hong on the photog work. eppie/dvc vice prez on the decks.

chris perry/crab guy/dvc events coordinator

volpato on the visuals

DVC, I miss you guys.
much love from Dianne/"dy/dt" in Berlin.

alright, I can't exactly write a review of an event that I did not attend.
also wouldn't be able to write a legit review coming from someone on the inside rather than from a partygoer.
(clarification: I am part of dvc, but currently studying abroad for a semester.
there's a live video stream [but no audio] of ucsd price center plaza, and I watched my friends set-up, but then time zone differences, and I didn't get to witness the party and how quickly the plaza filled up.)

anyhow, from social media, I've gathered that Something Awesome was something awesome.
The event (incl. set-up and break-down, and coordination with staff pro, etc.) went smoothly (vs many previous dvc events, esp. last year's "Let's Bounce" in which someone pulled a fire alarm), the crowd was amped/lots of raging was had, everyone's sets were bomb, and it was overall a great night.

wish I was there.

ttv (triton tv) recorded some footage, and I can't wait to see the final video.
also, many props to this year's (dvc) president Jordan Clarno.

photos by nima nouri. more here. Something Awesome, 08.01.11. fb event pg.

note: "Let's Bounce" is traditionally held at this date, but due to campus maintenance on the ballrooms (ballrooms a & b in price center), the only venue we could secure for this weekend was the outside plaza. As such, capacity is significantly lowered without the ballrooms, so we made this the second edition of "Something Awesome". "Let's Bounce" is now scheduled for spring quarter, with the inclusion of the ballrooms to make it the signature annual 3 stage edm event at ucsd.

Ei kommentteja: