torstai 9. lokakuuta 2008

LOVEFEST WEEKEND!!!!! (incl. Sigur Rós)

zomg the best weekend evarrr.

Starting with Sigur Rós at the Greek Theatre in Berkeley.

Opening band: Parachutes (myspace). Related to a member of Sigur Rós. Their music was similar to Sigur Ros, but I guess a bit pop-y-ish or not, I'm don't quite know how to describe it. But they were okay, on song, the girl there playing the violin and a guy played a xylophone duet. Haha it was cute.

SIGUR ROS! I'm not quite a fan of their music (I couldn't even get through listening to their whole album), and after their performance, am still not, but yeah they are quite uber cool.

Bow on electric guitar? Craaazy. And for one song the bassist used a drumstick.









SF LOVEFEST 2008!
I missed the parade, and didn't hang around the festival grounds for too long, because..I went to Official Afterparty this year!!!! =DDD

Deep Voices (SF) started off, good set (from the few minutes that I heard), I wish I hadn't missed almost all of it but I was trying to get my friends into the party.

Kyau vs. Albert (Germany) spun next. I think their mix was pretty decent, they played some of their classic tracks, but I don't totally remember.

Next, ATB(Germany)! I honestly haven't listened to any of his mixes or anything prior to this, except maybe that 'Ecstasy' song or something, but yeah, nothing. I would say his set was definitely the best of the whole night's. And then a girl gave me candy (kandi? kandy? candi?) that was beaded with 'ATB ROX'. Haha =)

Following ATB, Above & Beyond (UK)! Those guys are so nice! Or, well, I don't really know, of course, but one of them crowdsurfed and the other was smiling/crazy happy the whole during the set. =) Really good set, too. Oceanlab (one of their aliases, a project)- Satellite, Miracle ("are you hoping for a miracle? as the icebergs melt away") A&B- Can't Sleep, Home. Ahh those guys are great. Lovely trance.

And finally, ARMIN VAN BUUREN (Netherlands)!!! Zomg!
Definitely not one of his best sets, but still, Armin! Hahaha I'm such an avb fan. He posed quite a number of times for us. haha. He played his new track with Jennifer Rene (?)- Unforgivable, and ended the night with Going Wrong (-avb & DJ Shah ft. Chris Jones). =)

Okay, the best tracks of the night that I'm really glad the djs played and made my night, before I forget:
andain: beautiful things (Gabriel & Dresden remix? don't remember)
dash berlin: 'til the sky falls down (remix?)
imogen heap: hide and seek (remix? not Tiesto's ISOS remix, though)
sunlounger ft zara: lost ("let your fears go, you might find your way back home...")[LOVELY TRACK!!!]
john o'callahan ft audrey gallergher: big sky (remix?)
dj shah ft adrina thorpe: who will find me (remix?) [one of my faaavourite tracks, but not this remix)
and of course, ATB rockin' the crowd with Nirvana.
I'm sure there were at least a couple of other tracks that were really good, but I can't recall them at the moment.

Okay, pictures of lovefest & afterparty later. =]

Ei kommentteja: